When a person qualifies for the credit line, then he receives a credit card. That card allows him to purchase at places, dine at restaurants, get fuel from stations, and pay for travel. Long story short, a credit card is a key to electronic transactions.
All credit card lenders charge fees known as APR. This fee is variable for every lending business. Many people want a credit card with low APR and a high credit limit.
If you are looking for such credit card, then BMO Credit card is the one which you require.
This article will tell you about the activation process of this card. So keep reading to find out more.
- 1 About BMO Credit card an Its Activation
- 1.1 How to get a BMO Credit card?
- 1.2 How to activate the BMO Credit card?
- 1.3 Frequently asked question
About BMO Credit card an Its Activation
This card is the proud product of The Bank of Montreal. You can get it by visiting the bank. There is no online process for getting the card.
The Bank of Montreal is a successful financial institution. It provides financing to multiple businesses. Major investment lending areas of this bank are medicine, lifestyle products, manufacturing, and services businesses.
The credit department of this bank had issued credit cards to many working men. Their process is simple. The applicant must provide proof of income. If the income source is legitimate, then a credit card is issued in 7 to 10 business days.
How to get a BMO Credit card?
You need to follow the steps.
- Get your IDs and personal documents.
- Go to the branch of the Bank of Montreal.
- Ask the staff about the credit officer.
- Go to credit officer.
- You will be given some forms to fill.
- Take the forms and comeback home.
- Fill out the forms with correct details.
- Get a co-signer. It will help you get the card easily.
- Attach all required documents with the form.
- Then go to the bank. And submit the documents.
- You will be notified by mail or call about approval.
- If you qualify, then you will get the card in 7 to 10 business days.
- The card will arrive through your mail.
How to activate the BMO Credit card?
If you have received the credit card, then you need to activate it. There are two methods of activation.
- Activation by a phone call.
- Activation by the online portal.
You can choose any method of activation. This article will tell you both methods.
Activation by a phone call
You can activate the BMO Credit card by a phone call, but your mobile number must be registered in the bank. So follow the steps for card activation.
- Pick up the mobile phone.
- Dial 1-800-263-2263.
- This number will get you to an automated service.
- So listen to the instructions on the phone.
- From the menu, select the card activation option.
- You will be asked some personal details for verification.
- Carefully enter the details.
- Then listen to the terms and conditions.
- Carefully agree to the terms and condition.
- You will get a notification after the activation of the credit card.
Activation by online portal
Online activation of BMO Credit card requires the following steps.
- Open the computer, laptop, or tablet.
- Connect to the internet. Your connection must be stable.
- Type in bmo.com/activate in the address bar and hit enter.
- You will be directed to a page.
- Select the activate option on the page.
- You will be directed to a form.
- You need to enter the card number.
- Then you need to fill the details like name, age, date of birth, zip code, etc.
- Then you need to enter the social security number.
- After that, you will be direct to another page.
- Then you have to set a PIN.
- Enter the PIN number.
- And remember that number.
- After the selection of PIN hit enter.
- Your activation process is complete.
- Wait for the message from the bank.
- The bank will notify you by an SMS.
- Your card will be activated in a matter of a few hours.
- After the message from the bank, you need to verify the activation by making a small purchase.
You will be happy after the activation of the credit card. Make sure that your card number and PIN remain private. If you share that information, then you will compromise your money.
Frequently asked question
Q1: How many days it takes to qualify for the BMO Credit card?
Ans: If your provided information is correct and according to the rules of the bank, then you will qualify in a matter of 7 to 10 business days.
Q2: I am a shop owner. Can I get the card?
Ans: Yes, you can get the card. You need to prove your income. It can be done by providing the balance sheet of your shop. You will be issued a credit card.
Q3: Do I need a co-signer for qualifying?
Ans: The co-signer is not required in many cases. But if you get one, then your application has a better chance of approval.
Q4: What is APR?
Ans: It is the fee for credit. Every bank has a different fee. The APR is calculated in percentages. It varies from 13% to 27%.
Q5: What can I do with the credit card?
Ans: You can shop from high-end businesses, dine in fine quality restaurants, travel on credit, get fuel for your ride, and do online purchasing.
Q6: How can I increase my credit limit?
Ans: You can increase your credit limit by maintaining a good credit score. It can be done by timely payments of bills.
Q7: How much time it will take get the increase in my credit limit?
Ans: You can apply for the increase in the credit limit after 6 months of credit card use.
Q8: What is a bad credit score?
Ans: If you do not pay your credit bills on time, then your credit score will become bad. It will cost you in the form of penalties. Moreover, you will not qualify for the increase in the credit limit.
Q9: What is the penalty on late bills?
Ans; You will be charged with late fees. And sometimes, late fees go up to 20% of the credit.